The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Shutting Down!
No silly! I'm not shutting down! :oP

A place that brought me lots of good times is closing down to make space for Washington DC's new baseball field! This news brings tears to my eyes and it makes me thankful that the last time I was in the DC area I actually went there and had a good time! Unfortunatly I will not be able to go for their last night at that building! Thanks to all the people who frequented, the Capital Ball Room, Buzz, Nation, and Cubik! I was loyal to this place and never went to the Baltimore Building when they were forced to relocate after Fox 5 messed things up for them! I have only been to thier events in that particular building! The memorise will always be cherished as well as the autographed cap, ticket stubs, posters and clothes! Farewell and good luck!

Here is the upsetting article!


BUZZLIFE SAYS GOODBYE TO NATION NIGHTCLUB
Final weekend will be July 14th-16th

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 21, 2006

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Amanda Huie, 202.338.3640, amanda@buzzlife.com

BUZZLIFE SAYS GOODBYE TO NATION NIGHTCLUB

WASHINGTON, DC - On July 16th 2006, after a decade of Buzzlife events, Nation Nightclub will close its doors. The building will soon make way for development as the southeast waterfront is restructured in preparation for the recently approved baseball stadium.

“While we are saddened to see our home of so many years close, this is a very exciting time for Buzzlife. Our time in DC is no where near its end and we have exciting things planned for 2006 and beyond,” remarks Scott Henry, president of Buzzlife Productions.

Nation was originally named The Capitol Ballroom and opened its doors in 1996 under the management of Cellar Door Productions. Buzzlife began throwing the flagship event ‘Buzz’ in October of the same year. In 1998, ownership transferred to John Boyle and the then warehouse venue was transformed into a multi-level superclub that would soon host every major electronic act in the world. In 2003, Buzz revamped its musical style and reopened as Cubik.

Buzzlife and Nation have won awards from major industry publications across the world. Nation was awarded the title of ‘Best US Superclub’ and Buzzlife, ‘Best Event Promoter.’ This made Buzz and Nation a destination for the top DJs in the industry and a milestone for up and coming Washington DC area DJs. Over the years, every 'Top 100 DJ' as named by BPM Magazine, the leading electronic music publication in the US, has performed at a Buzzlife Event at Nation.
Posted by The Stallion @ 12:36 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At April 05, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Rampurple said…

    i'm sorry dude... i know how it feels like... my fave club closed down a couple of years ago... been adapting to that fact

     
  • At April 05, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Rampurple: Talk about flashbacks hitting me from every direction now! I really wanna go one last time! :`o(

     
  • At April 05, 2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Q8Sultana said…

    I've been there in 2001 :o)

     
  • At April 05, 2006 3:18 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Q8Sultana: Really? Did you have fun?

     
  • At April 06, 2006 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I HATE YOUR NEW TEMPLATE.

     
  • At April 06, 2006 9:30 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Anonymous: Welcome to my blog and you don't actually hate it! You just wished you had a blog with this template! Sorry! Jelousy sucks doesn't it!

     
  • At April 07, 2006 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honey, I LOVE YOU. LOVE YOUR BLOG. I JUST HATE THE NEW TEMPLATE.

     
  • At April 07, 2006 8:32 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Anonymous: You love me? Really? Wow! Maybe you should e-mail me with what you think I should do to enhance my template and I might take it into consideration, but I have to admit I love it as is! I have been told that it's missing something but no one knows what that "something" is! Maybe people were used to the color before and when I changed it into something simple people don't like it! :oP

     
  • At April 08, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Spicy Pepper said…

    Well i remember Platinum and Babylon. dont remember nation for some reason. Maybe it was before my time there? i was there 1998-2001. Fun times. i miss DC.

     
  • At April 08, 2006 10:58 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Spicy Pepper: I would like to start off by welcoming you to my blog. As for the clubs, Platinum, Babylon, The Bank, Z, were all inner city clubs that had no room to have fun! Nation on the other hand was located in South Easter DC and if you know DC then you have an idea of what it's like down there! Nation was open since 1996 and between 1996 and 1998 the place was called The Capital Ballroom! ;o)

     
  • At April 09, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Spicy Pepper said…

    Thanks for the welcome. Now i remember. When you said South East, it clicked. I never set foot in that part of town. I heard the parties there were very good though, but i had something against the area LOL. Maybe cause of its reputation hahaha. Wasnt it the club where all the euro djs come and play like van dyke and tiesto etc?

     
  • At April 09, 2006 11:41 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Spicy Pepper: You're info is correct! That end of town did have it's reputation but you just had to go on a Friday and experience the whole scene! I miss the times, the experiences, and the DJs!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER