The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Independence Days!
Last night I attended a reception dinner hosted by the Moroccan ambassador! Since I work for a multi-national firm I was invited to that event but I was confused! I thought that the reception dinner was to celebrate Morocco's independence day, but I was wrong! Morocco does have an independence day like any other nation but they don't celebrate it as much as they celebrated the event last night!

Without any further ado, the event last night was based on the day the current king sat on the throne! Apparently, Moroccans hold the day the King sat on the throne at a higher regard than that of Morocco's independence!

Don't you just love learning about other cultures? I know I do!





Posted by The Stallion @ 8:06 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At July 31, 2005 10:48 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said…

    I had to attend many of these functions when I was a kid because of my dads job, and it was amazing to see the different celebrations that each country have...I can't remember what other country/ies that celebrate 3eed al joloos of their king!
    oh and I love Moroccons, I have a couple of close friends here that are from Morocco...I love their culture and e7im their food...and I can't wait to visit Morocco one day...everyone keeps telling me how beautiful it is :)

     
  • At August 01, 2005 8:46 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Jelly Belly: I too would love to visit Morocco someday! When I was in the States I had many Moroccan friends, some of who were my roomates!

     
  • At August 02, 2005 12:24 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Wild Mare: Making a group and going on a Moroccan advanture sounds like fun! The question is, "when will this happen and who wants to go?"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER