The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
World of War Craft and WiFi Issues!

For the past week or so my younger brothers have been playing a new game called "World of War Craft!" Apparently this game is played online and get very addictive! It came down to the point where my youngest brother got a computer and put it into his room and wanted to set up the Wifi so he could access the net!

I had no objections since the place he wanted the access point put would give me a better connection! What I had a problem with was the wires leading from the office where the hard connection is to the bottom floor and to the basement! Putting the wires aside, everything was working right when I have a fluctuating connection from Low to Good but now I have no connection at all!

My cousin, my brothers, and I have been working on it for 3 days now and last night we had a break through! Everything worked and it couldn't be better! My younger brother was playing in the office, my youngest brother was playing in the basement and my younger brother's friends were in the basement playing as well! I went to sleep last night and they were still playing, but guess what? I woke up this morning and it's all messed up again!

I can see the connection, access it, get and IP, but that's all! I cannot surf the net unless I designate a specific IP from somewhere else, and non of my messengers work! :oP Now it's back to seeing what the issue is!

Posted by The Stallion @ 9:21 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At October 12, 2005 11:13 AM, Blogger forzaq8 said…

    what wifi hub you use ?

    i had something similar , my Dlink wifi was giving IP that he shouldn't give to my hardwired network PC's and that stoped them from connecting

     
  • At October 12, 2005 11:18 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    D-Link as well!
    My brother told me that my dad might throw all of it out (that means I am out 175 KD!) and replace it with LinkSys for the whole house!

     
  • At October 12, 2005 1:44 PM, Blogger nibaq said…

    I think its the rate of traffic causing the router and heat to well implode. We had that problem with our router (Belkin)> Solution after much reading was to change some numbers in the timeout on the router and firewall settings, then remove the case for the router to allow for better cooling.

    Been working ever since.

     
  • At October 12, 2005 2:34 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Nibaq: 2 people is a "rate of traffic"? The basement works fine and the office is using hard wire LAN it's just our floor that doesn't work!

     
  • At October 13, 2005 3:55 AM, Blogger forzaq8 said…

    okay i'm bad with explaining tech stuff but i'll try

    your Wifi Hub is giving the PC's IP that can't connect to the internet , you should stop him from giving IP to anyone and let the PC obtain his IP normaly

    that was my problem

     
  • At October 13, 2005 11:02 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    ForzaQ8: Don't worry about it too much my friend! I came home last night and saw that my brother unplugged the D-Link equipment and connected LinkSys now!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER