The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Language Differences and a Funny Situation
Each country has it's own language and if the country happens to have a language named in the same way as another country's then each country has it's on dialect. Take for example Kuwaiti Arabic and Egyptian Arabic, Makwa means Iron in Egyptian but in Kuwaiti it stands for Back Side! Funny huh! My main point though for this blog is how an innocent idea can turn out to be something that might be taken the wrong way.
I know someone who had "A Deux" as a Messenger Quote, but that person didn't know what that phrase meant! According to Dictionary.com A Deux means, "Of or involving two individuals, especially when of a private or intimate nature," or "Privately with only two individuals involved." I pointed that out to the person and he/she told me the story behind how the quote ended up on the Messenger! Being the helpful person I am I was just looking out for that person's well-being and reputation!
Ana Ma artha! :-P
Posted by The Stallion @ 7:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER