The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Sunday, May 15, 2005
Non Verbal Communication
Today I had a conversation with a friend and that conversation really bothered me! I'm honored by the way my friend confides in me and it makes me happy that I can help. Something happened and my friend couldn't talk to me last night and said that I was going to be talked to today! I waited but I didn't get a phone call so I decided to send my friend a text message! My friend replied saying that there was nothing to talk about anymore and so I replied saying well if there is nothing to talk about then it's my friend's choice whether to tell me or not!
Due to not having a face to face conversation my friend took it the wrong way and thought that I had an attitude! I got a call from my friend and it wasn't a very good call at first due to the whole misinterpretation of the text message! I was upset at how my friend felt after receiving the message and I didn't want that to happen! Hopefully I got through to my friend and that my friend truly does realize that I wasn't trying to be the guy with an attitude! I also hope that my friend would still confide in me without taking the test message out of context and turn it into an insult!
My message to everyone is that you should make sure that what you are trying to communicate with the other person is clear and cannot be taken the wrong way! While the message to my friend is that I'm soo sorry and I hope you truly understand that I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or be a jerk!
Posted by The Stallion @ 2:59 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 15, 2005 11:10 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    I didn't say anything about Kuwaiti's being narrow-minded so please don't put "words in my mouth!" My profile description is made up of two sentences! For those who are proficient in English, they would know that those 2 sentences are not related to one another!
    The first sentence says that I am not your typical Kuwait, which is true! The second sentence is just to tell people why I am here!

     
  • At May 16, 2005 7:13 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Seems as if both of us took things out of proportion, so why don't we just drop the subject?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER