The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Firefox VS. IE
I was tweaking my template and actually perfected the size but when I was done I asked a few friends to check it out and they always told me that my template was messed up since the side-bar appears all the way on the bottom and not on the side! I did everything I could to fix it but the problem would not go away!

It finally hit me that my friends were using IE and I was using Firefox! While I was using Firefox everything was great but when I used IE myself, I saw what my friends were talking about! I had to use IE to fix this issue and I actually got it done! Sweeeet! :)

I still have to say that IE sux and Firefox is way more superior! Thanks to "3aw 3aw" for pointing me to a browser that is superior to all others!
Posted by The Stallion @ 12:32 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At June 19, 2005 7:53 PM, Blogger nibaq said…

    Still looks a bit strange on Firefox,
    and friends dont let friend use IE.

     
  • At June 19, 2005 8:32 PM, Blogger iDip said…

    http://idip.blogspot.com/2005/03/do-u-still-use-ie.html

    check this post

     
  • At June 20, 2005 7:32 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Nibaq: How strange is it, and in what way(s)? As for "Friends don't let friends use IE!" well I try to tell them that they should use firefox but you know the saying, "It's different and people are ALWAYS affraid of what's DIFFERENT!"

    IDIP: Thanks for the link to the great post! ;)

    HELP: Does anyone know how to be able to read Arabic using Firefox? I added the languages I wanted in the language setting but it still won't show Arabic! Kinda agrivates me how I would have to revert back to using IE not only to tweak my blog template but also to read Arabic!

     
  • At June 20, 2005 9:28 AM, Blogger nibaq said…

    Doesn't show arabic? It works fine with me.

    Check the encoding.

    View--->Character Encoding

    I have mine on UTF-8 and it working fine.

     
  • At June 20, 2005 10:01 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    The change wouldn't occur on UTF-8! Do you have Auto Detect on or off? Mine is off!

    I can read Arabic once I changed the encoding to Arabic (Windows-1256) though!

     
  • At June 21, 2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Rampurple said…

    ever since nibaq pointed me to firefox i simply could not go back to IE! Thanks nibaq!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER