The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Should I Pull Whatever's Left of My Hair Out of My Head
God work was hectic today! I got there at 6:45 and for the first time my manager was there at 7! Ever since he showed up it was non-stop running around! I'm leaving to Saudi Arabia on Saturday for a business trip and I worked real hard for the last 2 months to get everything prepared! I was working with the hopes that the "Arab" mindset will not come into play but unfortunately it did!

What's the "Arab" mindset well, that's when Arabs postpone work till the last second causing everyone to be late and/or delegating work to be done by other Arabs who in turn procrastinate or leave to go on a mission/trip without taking care of their work! Each firm attending the meeting was supposed to give us all the paperwork that will be discussed 2 weeks before the meeting! Today we received documents from an Arab nation in Africa and from a firm here in Kuwait! This means that we have to run 30 new copies of a files worth of papers! We are looking at a stack of papers which is about 2 to 3 inches high! Keep in mind you have to multiply it by 30! What a waste of paper! Why couldn't we just put them on a CD!

The firm I work for has a 30 minute coffee/tea break that I didn't take advantage off well other than to cut and paste the results of today's quizzes that I took a few days ago! Not only that but I worked till 3 when in actually work ends at 2:15! Another thing is that I have to go into work tomorrow, on my weekend! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! One good thing is that we took care of pretty much everything except for getting the file copied 30 times! My manager, the technician in charge of the photo copy machine and binding and I will start work at 10! I just wish I get paid overtime!

JC sent me a msg about going out tonight and I gladly agrees! I wish "D" would be able to come out as well! I'd love to just see her and come back to reality! Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I think I'm senile right now due to being over-worked! For God's sake I didn't even get to read today's newspaper and I had to drink cold cup of tea!

*PULLING MY HAIR OUT*

Posted by The Stallion @ 4:12 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At June 29, 2005 7:35 PM, Blogger Reema said…

    Question: I'm not sure but do most or all companies/firms/small businesses in Kuwait pay for overtime? or it doesn't exist?

     
  • At June 29, 2005 7:41 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Some do depending on the firm! When I worked for an auditing firm we were paid overtime!

     
  • At June 29, 2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said…

    lol i just found out what u work for!
    also u get to work at 6:45???? thats pure torture... i really hope they pay u well... oh and if ur done with work at 2:15 what do u do the rest of the day? i know these questions sound strange to u but its really unheard of in my book!

    ANYWAYS... allah ya3tik il 3afye, enjoy tonight, and good luck on the trip!

     
  • At June 30, 2005 1:37 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Rampurple: You just figured it out? I've told you quite a few times! Asfor starting work well our offical starting time is 7:30 bt I'm a morning person so it's not a big deal for me to get there early! PLUS it makes a good impression! ;o) Pay is bad actually
    BTW Allah i3afeech!

     
  • At June 30, 2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Rampurple said…

    lol... u have? havent i told u i have a memory problem... ask everyone who knows me, they will confirm that fact for u. that explains how u can still be loud at 8am on a friday!!

     
  • At March 26, 2006 9:52 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Anonymous: Welcome to my blog and thanks for publicizing your blog! I love American Bulldogs and hope to have one someday!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER