The Stallion's Stable of Thoughts and Experiences

Thanks For:
Shout Box
Pictures
www.flickr.com
Stallions







Counter
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Special Announcements and Random Rants!
Today's special announcement goes to Her Royal Highness Samboose and thegood ol' Tata! A pink balloon for Samboose and a clown for Tata! :oP







Now come the random rants!


Today's rants concern traffic and people's driving! I don't think people in Kuwait know the meaning of "Yield" nor do they know how to drive within a round about! The BBC's website has summed it up in a small posting called, "Driving Etiquette - Kuwait"!

People when the sign says YIELD that means give the right of way to those who deserve it! It DOESN'T mean drive into traffic as if you had the right of way or as if you or your dad owned the road!

As for driving within a round about, stay in your lane! If you are in the outer lane of the round about don't cut to the inside while going around! As for driving into the round about don't drive into the round about when there is on-coming traffic! Again this comes to the whole YIELD sign! Wait your turn!
Posted by The Stallion @ 9:58 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At November 01, 2005 2:53 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Samboose: You're welcome B-day girl!

    Lieutenant Banana: First of all I would like to welcome to my blog! Secondly, I know there are no rules but I don't want to get into a wreck where I would be put into the position that the cops/court would consider the "bad guy" or the person at fault! Finally, I love "Bigger and Blacker" it's amazing!

     
  • At November 01, 2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If I was in Kuwait, I would have said Thank you officer for this clear and simple moving traffic trainning.
    Just hope I will remember :P

     
  • At November 02, 2005 3:17 AM, Blogger Caffeinated said…

    And why is it that the "right of way" isn't about WHICH car has the LEGAL right of way, but instead the right of way defaults to the middle-aged KUWAITI man ?

     
  • At November 02, 2005 6:38 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    ***diamon***: Hmmmm! Cops here don't help women they just flirt with them to the point of harassment!

    Caffeinated: I have to disagree with you! The right of way belongs to 3 people!
    1) Cab drivers
    2) Covered women (mu7ajabat and munaqabat)
    3) People who drive expensive cars and think they own the place!

     
  • At November 02, 2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Erzulie said…

    Ever since I came here, my driving improved greatly, mostly because there are more civilized people on the road. When I went back to Kuwait, I transferred my fabulous driving skills and to my surprise, a guy followed me back home; I moved to the left lane on the highway and I instinctively flicked the left signal once and he thought I did the winkey wink thing! Dammit...

     
  • At November 02, 2005 9:13 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said…

    Happy day of birth to Samboos and Tata Botata :)You guys desreve the best :)

     
  • At November 02, 2005 9:16 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Erzulie: I know what you're talking about! It happened to my cousin as well! Damn shame we have to live with people who have such a mentality!

    JC: They sure do!

     
  • At November 02, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Tata: No offense but don't understand it in the wrong way! I'm the clown who's losing his hair wishing you a Happy Birthday! :oP

    BTW you're welcome and thanks for the compliment! :o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: The Stallion
Location: Kuwait
About Me: A Kuwaiti guy, but definitly not your typical Kuwaiti! I'm very openminded and like to meet new people!
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Special Blogs
Interesting Blogs
Credits

Template by:

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by:



Powered by:

BLOGGER